Call us for your free quote and ask us
how you can save 10% off in your monthly bill.
Best commercial residential handyman maintenance renovation professionals
in McAllen, TX
Best Linoleum Flooring Installation Company and Cost in McAllen TX
Looking for Linoleum Flooring Installation Service near McAllen TX? Handyman McAllen is the premier Linoleum Flooring Installation Service in the McAllen TX. Best Linoleum Flooring Installation Service in McAllen TX. Cost? Free estimates! Call now or Send a quick message for an estimate
LINOLEUM FLOORING INSTALLATION SERVICE IN MCALLEN TX
The Linoleum Flooring Installation will At Handyman McAllen, our McAllen TX experienced flooring experts can provide the best Linoleum Flooring Installation in McAllen TX at a very reasonable price. We take pride in offering the best Linoleum Flooring Installation. Our Handyman McAllen experts take pride in providing the best service in the McAllen TX area.
How to Install Linoleum Flooring
Linoleum, a term that originally referred to a natural material made from linseed oil, pine rosins, and other organic materials, is now used as a general term for both the original material and for a variety of modern substitutes made from vinyl plastic. These flooring materials, widely used for their affordability, water-tightness, and durability, are generally installed by securing them over an existing floor or subfloor with strong adhesive. Though linoleum is fairly easy to install compared to more expensive alternatives, it can present unique challenges for those inexperienced in home improvement.
Linoleum flooring was introduced in the 1960 and quickly became a flooring staple of the 1960s because its rich color palate worked well with the décor of that era. While most commonly sold in sheets, linoleum flooring can also be found in tiles.
linoleum is made from linseed oil and resin.
Preparing Your Floor for Installation
1.Acclimate your linoleum to the room.
Linoleum and its synthetic alternatives are soft, pliable, and flexible when compared to most other flooring materials. In fact, they’re so flexible that they will actually shrink and expand ever-so-slightly with changes in temperature. .
- Remove any furniture, appliances, and doors.
Before beginning the process of laying down your linoleum flooring, you’ll want to completely clear your work area from any possible obstructions. For most rooms, this will mean removing any furniture or floor decorations (e.g. rugs, etc.), along with any appliances that are connected to the floor
3.Detach any baseboards.
Next, remove any baseboards the small wooden trim pieces at the bottom of a wall — that run along the edges of your floor. Usually, this can be accomplished by carefully prying with a pry bar, flat head screwdriver, or sturdy putty knife. To prevent damage to your wall, try inserting a small block of wood behind your prying tool as you work the baseboard away from the wall.
4.Remove baseboard nails.
After you remove your baseboards, quickly examine your bottoms of your walls near the floor to look for any leftover nails sticking out of the wall. Carefully pull these nails out of the wall with a pair of pliers, the “claw” end of a hammer, or a similar prying tool.
- Patch up pre-existing flooring material.
Linoleum must be laid over floor that’s as close to perfectly smooth and even as possible. If it isn’t, the underlying imperfections will eventually be reflected in the linoleum itself, resulting in unsightly bumps, ridges, soft spots, and so on.
Existing linoleum floors: Repair worn sections of floor or indentations with an embossing leveler (apply with a straightedge trowel). If any sections are damaged or loose, remove the linoleum and work off of the subfloor.
6.Use a plywood underlay, as an alternative.
Some floors and subfloors just aren’t suitable for supporting linoleum flooring either they’re too worn or damaged to easily repair or you’d like to keep the floor material for use in other projects.
Why linoleum floors?
If you’re seeking a durable, high-quality, eco-friendly flooring option, linoleum floors should be at the top of your list. Made from natural and renewable raw materials and recycled content, linoleum is fully biodegradable. After a lifespan of 30+ years, linoleum flooring can be scrapped without environmental concern. It can even be incinerated to create thermal energy that exceeds the energy used at initial production.
With proper care, linoleum floors can last for decades. Their construction lends to colorfastness, unlike materials in which colors and patterns are printed on the surface. Its protective layers prevent scratches and scuffs, making it well-suited to high-traffic areas and homes with pets and children. If scratched, you’ll be able to buff and refinish easily, due to the colors and patterns running through the full thickness. Linoleum is both water and heat resistant, making it a great choice for bathrooms, kitchens, and even entranceways.
Linoleum is naturally resistant to bacteria and fungus and has the added bonus of being hypoallergenic. This helps to contribute to its low maintenance status, as basic sweeping and mopping are all your linoleum floor will need—aside from a waxing every few years to prevent yellowing.
Flexible and affordable
With over 300 colors and 12 design structures in both sheet and tile formats, you can rest assured you’ll find the right fit for your linoleum floor installation. Click-and-lock linoleum is available in planks and tiles, making it an excellent choice for floating floors. Large spaces will benefit from sheet or tile flooring, which comes in a variety of colors and styles and is less costly than traditional ceramic or porcelain materials
To obtain a free quote for Linoleum flooring Installation in McAllen TX, please don’t hesitate to contact at Handyman McAllen Floor Services.
Call us for :
- How To Install Linoleum Tiles
- How To Lay Linoleum On Concrete Floor
- How To Lay Linoleum In A Bathroom
- How To Install Linoleum Flooring In Kitchen
- How To Lay Linoleum Without Glue
- How To Install Linoleum Flooring
- Linoleum Flooring Installation Cost
- Linoleum Flooring Installation near McAllen TX
- Alamo TX Linoleum Flooring Installation Near Me
- Alton TX Linoleum Flooring Installation Near Me
- Brownsville TX Linoleum Flooring Installation Near Me
- Donna TX Linoleum Flooring Installation Near Me
- Edcouch TX Linoleum Flooring Installation Near Me
- Edinburg TX Linoleum Flooring Installation Near Me
- Elsa TX Linoleum Flooring Installation Near Me
- Granjeno TX Linoleum Flooring Installation Near Me
- Harlingen TX Linoleum Flooring Installation Near Me
- Hidalgo TX Linoleum Flooring Installation Near Me
- La Joya TX Linoleum Flooring Installation Near Me
- La Villa TX Linoleum Flooring Installation Near Me
- McAllen TX Linoleum Flooring Installation Near Me
- Mercedes TX Linoleum Flooring Installation Near Me
- Mission TX Linoleum Flooring Installation Near Me
- Rio Grande City TX Linoleum Flooring Installation Near Me
- Raymondville TX Linoleum Flooring Installation Near Me
- Palmhurst TX Linoleum Flooring Installation Near Me
- Palmview TX Linoleum Flooring Installation Near Me
- Penitas TX Linoleum Flooring Installation Near Me
- Pharr TX Linoleum Flooring Installation Near Me
- Progreso TX Linoleum Flooring Installation Near Me
- Progreso Lakes TX Linoleum Flooring Installation Near Me
- San Juan TX Linoleum Flooring Installation Near Me
- Sullivan City TX Linoleum Flooring Installation Near Me
- Weslaco TX Linoleum Flooring Installation Near Me